Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement
Pinoy Pen Spinning Community v2
Welcome to PPSC v2!

Are you a member already? Log-in! If not, register now! :)

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shAdowz

Location : 53 Jasmin St.,Twinville Subd.,Concepcion Uno,Marikina City

PostSubject: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:25 am

I have just discovered something that might improve your spinning. This is based on my experience and maybe to the experiences of old spinners as well.

Ever tried being idle in pen spinning for a few days or weeks? Or stopped spinning for some time for some reason? Or maybe spun pen less frequently for a short time? (my reason was because the grips of my mod were torn, so I stopped for a weeks and have to buy new pens that have the grips I need)

You might tell that you will get weaker when you stop for a short time, or you will not be used to spinning anymore. But you're wrong. After a short time of rest in PS, when you come back, you'll find yourself discovering new linkages and learning new tricks much faster! Yanos told me that he has experienced this as well and he mentioned that when he came back, he learned new tricks faster. In my case, I discovered new links. So having some rest for a few days or weeks can improve your spinning.

There's also another way to improve your spinning. When I was idle in PS, I was trying to learn speedcubing and I was playing Tekken 6 in arcade. These hobbies require fast finger or hand movements and I think, these improved my spinning. When I came back, my fingers were a bit more flexible. Tricks were quite easier to execute. So I guess doing hobbies that require fingers or hands might improve your spinning. A proof that this works is for example, you are frequently eating with chopsticks. As KTrinh93 said on his video regarding finger flexibility, people who eat frequently with chopsticks develop the flexibility of their fingers. The JEB spinners best portray this. Take note, using chopsticks in eating require your fingers, as well as speedcubing and other activities like yoyo. To top it off, activities that require fingers or sometimes your hands might improve your spinning. Smile

questions? comments? any experiences to share? feel free to post in this thread Smile
good to be "bak" Very Happy

Last edited by shAdowz on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/spxr4
CtrlPS

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am

I agree to this, based also in my experience.
when I was still learning shadow 12-12, I really had a hard time learn the catch. I stopped learning it for a while and trying other tricks first. Then when I tried it again, I did it in my first try then 1... 2... and poof! I learned shadow 12-12.

Then another was during our exam week, when I wasn't able to train much, just casual spinning. After the exams, my hands felt like spinning then I tried some links I practiced before and again, it became easier than before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amanuensis

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:18 am

Ktrinh93 Has a youtube video about "curing flexibility woes". It helps, specially with the ring finger exercise. If you are just learning PSing, learning the fingerpass actually helped the flexibility of my pinkie.

For rest, I just play casual games on my android phone that keeps my hand away from my pen. I know it isn't resting put it is put less strain on my fingers and hand than training in pen spinning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CtrlPS

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Amanuensis wrote:
Ktrinh93 Has a youtube video about "curing flexibility woes". It helps, specially with the ring finger exercise. If you are just learning PSing, learning the fingerpass actually helped the flexibility of my pinkie.

For rest, I just play casual games on my android phone that keeps my hand away from my pen. I know it isn't resting put it is put less strain on my fingers and hand than training in pen spinning.
I agree, some also said that doing other things with your fingers aside from penspinning could help develop the flexibility of your fingers. I guess speedcubing is a good example or maybe push-ups using your pinky LOL Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amanuensis

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 am

I've bought chopsticks just for training my pinkie and ring finger. I think I'll borrow my nephew's cube next time I see him. :)

If you can do the pinkie pushup, I think you're going for the Guinness world record, rather than PSing.hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarcusPS

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm

@Amanuensis You actually going to try speedcubing? It's very helpful to make your hand flexible at the same time speedy. :DActually I also tried it. (But it turns out I take it seriously and had 38secs mark Shocked)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnNpkORx829MF4LC6zx6DtQ?feature=
Amanuensis

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:10 am

Yeah, once I see my nephew, though it will probably be months before I see him. I could buy a cube, true, but I'm kinda saving everything a got to buy a waterfall and then save for the Buster. >.>

But I will learn it. I've been eyeing it for a long time. The problem was I kept being reminded to buy a cube only when I'm flat broke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pen Spinning Rest and Improvement   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pinoy Pen Spinning Community v2 :: Pen Spinning :: General PS-
Jump to: