Pinoy Pen Spinning Community
Welcome to PPSC v2!

Are you a member already? Log-in! If not, register now! :)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to PPSC v2!

Are you a member already? Log-in! If not, register now! :)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tack On Game

+5
erik123098
MondPS
memberlogin
Chiben
sG9
9 posters
Go down
sG9
sG9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLnwXbpK1DYZfwDQIZn1Bw

Tack On Game - Page 4 Empty Tack On Game

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 pm
First topic message reminder :

Tack on Everyone? Very Happy

WTH: This game is a game that makes everyone more flexible in performing other combos that were created by other people. First, I start with 1 trick and post a vid of it. I post the breakdown of my 1 trick, and the next person in line has to make a vid with that trick+1 trick of their choice. Then, it keeps going until there is no more submitters after 1 day. After those 1 day, the last person that submitted a legit video, is crowned the winner and he/she starts the next round!

Rules:

1. Video must be performed by you and the tricks in the combo must be distinguishable.

2. After 1 days, on the last day after midnight, the winner may submit his/her starting trick.

3. Anyone may submit a video.

4. NO OFF THE TOP TRICKS, THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO RECREATE!!! (IE, TS 10.0, ect.)

6. You better have fun.

(COPIED from UPSB.info)

EDIT BY CHIBEN:

I would just like to clarify some rules as well as add a few ones to make this game more accessible and enjoyable for our members.

#1 PPSC Forum Time: Current time on my clock here in the Philippines does not match the times displayed on posts here in PPSC. What gives?
Our forum provider is not based in the Philippines, therefore it is using a different clock than the ones we have here. If you're going to convert the PPSC Forum Clock, just add +8:00 hours to it, the answer will be the current time and date here in the Philippines.

#2 Deadline: The winner will be awarded once his trick remains uncontested ON MIDNIGHT OF THE NEXT DAY.
Let's say I posted a trick on Jan 1, 2014 9:00 am. Then I waited for the next day, January 2, 2014 9:00 am. Do I win? NO. You have to wait until MIDNIGHT OF JAN 2, 2014. If no one still submits a video after that, then I am now the round winner. Only then can I, the winner of the last tack on, start a new round.

#3 Video Entry Validity: So I just posted a video to join the game. How do I know I did it right?
- Video must be CLEAR. By clear I don't mean HD quality videos. I meant NO OFFCAM AND/OR HIDDEN TRICKS. The challenge of the game is to connect people's tricks in one combo. Having offcam and/or hidden combos may lead to debate whether or not the trick was executed properly. Keep the combo visible to the audience at all times.

- Video must contain the FULL NOTATION of the previous entry plus the one trick you are going to add to the chain. By FULL NOTATION I mean the combo of the previous entry must be executed completely, trick by trick, NO MORE, NO LESS. Forgetting one trick or unintentionally adding tricks within the previous combo will lead to an INVALID ENTRY.

- I posted a video entry. I uploaded on Youtube, then posted it here. But there's one problem. I noticed I did an extra trick not included in the notation or missed one trick needed (example being the one I just did on Tack on 6, wherein the trick says "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34 > Inverse Shadow 34-34" but I accidentally inserted a charge between the 1st and 2nd trick.). Can I take back my entry to film a new one? Yes, if certain conditions are met:
    + No one has posted a video yet to replace your invalid entry.
    + You can only replace your video ONCE ON THE SAME TRICK NUMBER. If you mess up the entry twice or more on the SAME TRICK NUMBER, your entries for that trick number will all be INVALID. Pass ka muna this trick number. You can try again once me nagpost na ulit ng valid entry.  

#4 Trick Validity: Not sure if the trick you want to add is allowed?
- Spin Tricks that has been executed with more than 2 pen revolutions will always be counted as just a "2.0". If the trick was executed with a spin less than 2 revolutions, for example a halftap (which is technically a tap 0.5) or a MidBak 1.5, then you have to do EXACTLY that. On the other hand, for example I did a palm spin x10.0 on a video, for your entry to be considered valid, you only have to do ATLEAST 2 FULL SPINS, then proceed with the combo.
The reasoning for this is that high amounts of spins are executable based on how much power your fingers can exert and how much momentum the pen has. To keep things fair, spins exceeding 2.0 will STAY AS 2.0.

- Continuous/Multiple Tricks are pretty easy to explain. You're not allowed to do multiple or conts in a single trick video. Why you ask? Let's take the "Multiple Bust" as an example. Let's say I did twisted sonic then 3 busts. How will you notate it?

twisted sonic 23-12 > Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 x3 = WRONG
twisted sonic 23-12 > Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 > Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 Fl Index Around (Bust) 12-12 = CORRECT

As you can see Multiple/Continuous Tricks are actually the same trick done over and over again. It's not just one trick.
If you really want to include multiple busts then do an entry with one bust first, then hope that the next guy will link it to another bust.

#5 Entry Format: Failure to follow the format will lead to an Invalid Entry
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PPSC Tack On #(Round Number) Trick #(Trick Number)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
-----> Youtube Video here

Sonic 34-23 > Sonic 23-12       ------> Complete Notation used on the video above
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Linking Tricks: Linking Tricks are pretty straight forward. Do 1st trick, add the 2nd trick immediately. Although there are some exceptions.
- Let's say you do a sonic 34-23. Then the next guy links it with a sonic 23-12. That's a basic link. Since the first trick ended with the pen on the 2 and 3 fingers, it is very simple for the next guy to do the next trick starting on the 2 and 3 finger locations. This is the easiest way to legitimately link tricks.

Although what if I do "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34" where is the pen located now for the next player? Between the 3 and 4 fingers. So that must mean his trick should start at 34 right? WRONG. Try doing a "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34", the pen will land between the 3 and 4 fingers that's for certain. But you'll notice that majority of the pen is now hanging down. Theoretically, you could reach the other end with your thumbflap and do a "Fl Extended TA tf-12". Since there was no official trick done to take the pen to the "tf" spot it doesn't count for a trick. It was just a reach. It wasn't really a pass since the pen did not rotate, you just let the other end hang down then clamped it down with your "tf".

In short, "Pinky Backaround rev 34-34 > Fl Extended TA tf-12" is a viable link.

#7 Mod Restrictions: No mod restrictions whatsoever.
- The length, weight and color of the mod does not matter. If you want to spin a freaking iron pillar or something crazy be my guest. Just make sure you execute official tricks and that it doesn't interfere with the rules posted above and you're good to go.

#8 Winning the Game: OMFG I JUST WON THE GAME. Now what?
- Go start a new round. Do any trick you want. You won. Now is the time to make your enemies suffer. (lol. jk.) If you want to do an extremely advance trick to end the game quickly then go ahead. You can also do easy tricks to increase the chance of making the tack on chain longer.

If a winner has been awarded and the game has not been restarted within 24 hours of the awarding, any player may start the game.

You can keep records of wins/losses on your own. This is not a tournament with a prize. The purpose of the Tack On game is to improve yourself, learn tricks and linkages other spinners are using. The challenge is to go out of your comfort zone to learn and adapt.

Who knows you just might discover your next signature linkage by participating here diba? That is pretty much it as far as the rules go.
Now go, participate, and have fun!  Tack On Game - Page 4 3366987109

If you made it here reading everything not missing a single word, I LOVE YOU.  Tack On Game - Page 4 4170809202

Last edited by Chiben on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Added/Clarified Rules)

Chiben
https://www.youtube.com/tawatayohaha

Tack On Game - Page 4 Empty Re: Tack On Game

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:42 am
Here we go! New game!
PPSC Tack On 8 Trick 1

Twisted Sonic 34-23
ajctan97
ajctan97
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAbTu6D6xBN-tXZrTBZ8Q6w

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:55 am

here we go again :))
Angel Sonic 34-12
(or Twisted sonic 34-23 → Sonic 23-12)
sG9
sG9

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:27 am
ajctan97 wrote:
Angel Sonic 34-12

@Chiben - Kuya valid ba to? I mean diba may stop muna yun sa gitna? or pwede din?
ajctan97
ajctan97

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:59 pm
sooo, is it valid? because if not I could change it :))
Chiben

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:33 pm
sG9 wrote:
ajctan97 wrote:
Angel Sonic 34-12

@Chiben - Kuya valid ba to? I mean diba may stop muna yun sa gitna? or pwede din?

It is INVALID. Since I notated the trick as Twisted Sonic 34-23, it has to land on 23 before executing another trick. HOWEVER if the trick was simply notated as "twisted sonic 34-xx" it would have been valid since the catch was left open.

ajctan97 wrote:sooo, is it valid? because if not I could change it :))

Go! before anyone else does! hue hue hue hue
ajctan97
ajctan97

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 pm

REVISED:
Twisted sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12
sG9
sG9

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:28 pm
PPSC TackOn 8 Trick 3

Twisted sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12 > Pass rev 12-23
ajctan97
ajctan97

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Twisted sonic 34-23 → midbak 23-12 → Pass rev 12-23 → neosonic 23-tf
sG9
sG9

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 pm
PPSC Tack On 8 trick 5

Twisted sonic 34-23 → midbak 23-12 → Pass rev 12-23 → neosonic 23-tf → flta rev tf-xx
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:47 am

tw sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12 > pass rev 12-23 > neosonic 23-tf > flta rev tf-123(palm up) > PU midbak 1.5~midbak 123-123
Chiben

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:27 am
Chobi wrote:
tw sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12 > pass rev 12-23 > neosonic 23-tf > flta rev tf-123(palm up) > PU midbak 1.5~midbak 123-123

You added 2 tricks bro. That's an INVALID entry.  Tack On Game - Page 4 3693673351 
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:56 pm
Chiben wrote:
Chobi wrote:

You added 2 tricks bro. That's an INVALID entry.  Tack On Game - Page 4 3693673351 

kahit hybridised such as that? -___- bv nakakatamad ayusin wag na nga
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:32 pm

tw sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12 > pass rev 12-23 > neosonic 23-tf > flta rev tf-14 > inv. sonic 14-12(ring down)

@job tama ba notation? hpnestly di ko alam ano ginawa ko HAHAHAH galaw niya parang inv sonic pero parang flush yung daan so idk

^the complications of the notation system
sG9
sG9

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 pm
Chobi wrote:
tw sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12 > pass rev 12-23 > neosonic 23-tf > flta rev tf-14 > inv. sonic 14-12(ring down)

@job tama ba notation? hpnestly di ko alam ano ginawa ko HAHAHAH galaw niya parang inv sonic pero parang flush yung daan so idk

^the complications of the notation system

Anak ng tokwa. XD Hirap naman po. xD
Chiben

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 am
PPSC Tack on 8 Trick 7

tw sonic 34-23 > midbak 23-12 > pass rev 12-23 > neosonic 23-tf > flta rev tf-14 > inv. sonic 14-12(ring down) > Swivel Rev 12-xx

BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. I WILL CLARIFY SOME THINGS:
1.) That stop at the inv sonic part was my mod getting hit by my fat middle finger. Since the mod did not land at a different position yet, the trick was still on-going. I flicked my wrist to increase momentum to finish the trick. No extra charges were made. Trust me. LOL.

2.) I ended the trick with an open notation, meaning catch it however you like. Hence the "palm spin catch" in the end that is not included in the notation.

3.) Chobi. I love you bro.  Tack On Game - Page 4 4170809202 
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 am
@chiben

1. Yamaguchi said that it was an extra charge.

2. You did TWO tricks. It was neobak ~ swivel rev(or twisted cobra bite) which renders your submission INVALID

ggwp chiben ilyt

Chobi 2
Chiben 1

I will restart tomorrow hehehehe IT IS TIME
Chiben

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 am
Chobi wrote:@chiben

1. Yamaguchi said that it was an extra charge.

2. You did TWO tricks. It was neobak ~ swivel rev(or twisted cobra bite) which renders your submission INVALID

ggwp chiben ilyt

Chobi 2
Chiben 1

I will restart tomorrow hehehehe IT IS TIME

DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WAS NO EXTRA CHARGE HERE'S PROOF. hahaha exact same yung amount of rotations our pens made, only difference is that I had a short pause halfway through the trick.

For the neobak~swivel rev being 2 tricks, yeaaaah I kinda see where  you're going. I can't find a bigger hand to face palm myself. I guess na over excite ako dahil nagawa ko yung Flush Sonic thing. :)))

bottomline you win naman either way. PERO I SWEAR WALANG EXTRA CHARGES YON. :)))))

Chobi wrote:Q for the tak on chief (ehem chiben):

What if I can't notate my own trick?

Disclaimer: seryoso to HAHAHAHAHAH I'm very bad at breakdowns and I don't know how to explain  a fourth of the stuff I do
Post mo lang. Having incorrect notations is no big deal kapag wala pang sumunod na video. Pwede pang baguhin yun through post editing. Post lang ng post kung may mali man sa notation the players will notify you naman. hahahahaha.

Ang mahirap is kung yung ginawa mong trick is shadow tapos inonotate mo as infinity. Kapag sobrang layo mali na yon. Pero marunong ka naman mag notate so it'll be fine.  Tack On Game - Page 4 3366987109

BTW 2 TIMES KA NAGDOUBLE POST IN THE SPAN OF 2 DAYS. OI AYOS WAG B.I. SA MGA MEMBER. USO EDIT POST PAG IKAW YUNG LAST POSTER. :))))))
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:23 am
@Job blame yama.... he was our judge hehehe

ok will no longer double post LOL my bad.

restart:

HOW DO YOU NOTATE THIS HAHAHAH

from what i learned in 5.5 years of spinning:

hybrid counter charge 23 ~ rev indexaround 14-12(pd)
or can also be notated
fake sonic rev 23-(34)134 ~ rev indexaround 14-12(pd)

mas sure ako that the former notation is correct lol. only reason i put "fake sonic" was because that's what my own intended purpose is for the trick, to fake people into thnking i'm gonna do a sonic but then consequently not.
e.g. "what sonic rev r u kidding me.. OOOOOWHATWTF ok yun lang pala"

this is NOT two tricks in one, the first hybrid counter charge was for momentum/style purposes (such as tw sonic bust.. i think that's a good example lol) and if taking to account the "fake sonic rev", the trick isn't even "real" and did not have an endpoint anywhere

your move, chiben

p.s. oh the complications of tak-on and the notation system

EDIT: nvm flush sonic rev 23 ~ indexaround rev 14-12 (pd) seems right thanks @ajctan97 nabobobo ako sa sarili ko

Last edited by Chobi on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajctan97
ajctan97

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:53 pm
Chobi wrote:@Job blame yama.... he was our judge hehehe

restart:

hybrid counter charge 23 ~ rev indexaround 14-12(palmup)
or can also be notated
fake sonic rev 23-(34)134 ~ rev indexaround 14-12(palmup)

mas sure ako that the former notation is correct lol. only reason i put "fake sonic" was because that's what my own intended purpose is for the trick, to fake people into thnking i'm gonna do a sonic but then consequently not.

this is NOT two tricks in one, the first hybrid counter charge was for momentum/style purposes (such as tw sonic bust.. i think that's a good example lol) and if taking to account the "fake sonic rev", the trick isn't even "real" and did not have an endpoint anywhere

your move, chiben

isn't that basically just a flush sonic rev > index around rev? (index around rev was done before finishing the flush sonic though.) and should the index around rev really be palm up? you did it palm down in the vid

anywho, a bit too difficult for me, need to practice more for this :)
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:21 pm
ajctan97 wrote:

restart:

or can also be notated

your move, chiben

isn't that basically just a flush sonic rev > index around rev? (index around rev was done before finishing the flush sonic though.) and should the index around rev really be palm up? you did it palm down in the vid

whoops my bad, pd pala. thanks, yours makes more sense /edited

btw if you actually play elsword, add my chars: 70 , Maiaz
ajctan97
ajctan97

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:29 pm
Chobi wrote:
ajctan97 wrote:

restart:

or can also be notated

your move, chiben

whoops my bad, pd pala. thanks, yours makes more sense /edited

btw if you actually play elsword, add my chars: 70 , Maiaz

will do :) I'm not playing recently though, waiting for Infinity Sword and Chung :))
ajctan97
ajctan97

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm
Looks like the winner is already decided for this tackon... how do you even do that?
Chobi
Chobi
Retired Moderator

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm
lol idk i'll restart later
sG9
sG9

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:23 pm
I guess I'll start the game. Very Happy